Aim of the game
The world has gone completely random! You are going to become something ridiculous and must help your team mates guess what you are by describing, drawing or acting your way to victory.
What you’ll need
- The Randomise Game (available now at Amazon.co.uk)
- 4 or more players (Age 8+)
- Watch or stopwatch
- Pen and paper
How to play
Split into two teams and alternate taking turns. When it is your turn, you must declare whether you are going for an EASY or HARD challenge, and whether you are going to DESCRIBE, ACT or DRAW your way to victory.
Then select a card from each of the three piles of cards (A, B and C). The opposing team will then give you three random numbers from 1 to 3 (eg. ‘3,1,2’).
Look at the words on the cards that match these numbers to discover your new identity. Card A will always describe you (eg. Happy, Hairy, Vain), card B will tell you what you are (eg. Octopus, Astronaut, Lion) and card C will tell you what you are doing (eg. Eating spaghetti, Playing football, Baking a cake).
When you are ready, the opposing team will get ready to time your turn, and you will have 30, 60 or 90 seconds to reveal yourself:
- DESCRIBE – You have 30 seconds to use your voice to communicate your identity. You can’t say any of the words on your cards or use rhyming words or letters to give clues.
- ACT – You have 60 seconds to use your body to communicate your identity. You can’t make any noises, point or use any props.
- DRAW – You have 90 seconds to use your artistic skills to communicate the phrase. You can’t draw any letters or numbers.
Your team can shout out as many guesses as they like. The aim is to get them to shout out your complete identity before your time is up. Scoring works as follows:
- ALL LEVELS – You get 1 point for every card your team successfully guesses (max 3 per turn)
- EASY turns – You get 1 bonus point if your team shouts out your full identity before your turn is up – eg. ‘Nervous mole eating spaghetti’
- HARD turns – You get 3 bonus points if your team shouts out your full identity.
Stealing bonus points
If your team doesn’t shout out your full identity before the time is up, the opposing team has a chance to steal the bonus points. They can confer, and then have one guess at your full identity. If correct, they steal the bonus points (1 or 3 depending on difficulty level).
Winning the game
The first team to reach 30 points claims victory! But if this team started, then the opposing team will have one turn to equalise/steal the victory. In the case of a draw, you can play sudden death, awarding victory as soon as one team takes the lead after both teams have taken a turn.
With more than a million different random identity combinations possible, every game is different! And once you’ve got the hang of the game, there are plenty of alternative gameplays for you to try…
Download full instructions
You can see the full instructions that come with the game – as well as ideas for alternative gameplays – by clicking to download this pdf: Randomise_Instructions.
If you’d like to be the first to know about new games in development and other exciting* news from Gamely Ltd, you can sign up to our mailing list.
*We promise not to spam you with loads of dull emails – we’ll only contact you every now and then when we have something really exciting to share.